Friday, June 06, 2008

The Shining

My cabin fever accelerates. I'm listening to The Mind Trip by Jeff Warren and that doesn't help. I think I spoke about 30 words today. Madness.

I started watching The Royal Tenenbaums again for the first time since it was in theaters. I noticed outside Gwyneth Paltrow and Bill Murray's house... isn't it the same street with the auto mechanic in The Darjeeling Limited?

I go on myspace to use my fake girl profile that I created long ago and which has gathered dust since. Send a few cruel emails to some military guys. Entertains me for a few minutes then boredom.

I check the DHL tracking number for a package I await that can get me out of here and it says the number hasn't been processed yet grumble grumble.

Go for a walk along a forest trail and run into some Christian kids hiking and studying a tree. People are the last thing I want to see. Escape and smoke but it's not strong enough these days. Heading home I run into the neighbor who baked us cookies a few days ago. She remembers my name but I forgot hers.

In 2003 when I was also stranded at my dad's I went into San Francisco after about a month of this insanity and remember getting on BART and feeling weird around so many people. My dad has a huge house and I have an entire floor to myself. So it gets trippy after a while. Like The Shining. All I do here is sleep, eat, meditate, and keep headphones on. When I shave I take a few hours, hoping the day will be over when I finish. But it never stops.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home