Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Wind Beneath My Wings

Growing up in Southern California, I took certain things for granted. Beaches, warm weather, hot girls. Only when I saw other parts of the country and world did I realize how depraved some places are. There are some places where they don't have beaches. There are some places where the woman are like Jabberwockies. And there are many, many places that get cold in the winter. These places are what I like to call "stupid."

My first mistake was Seattle. I lived there a year and it was like the coldest winter in 80,000 years with snow and other nonsense.

And now I'm in Korea and it's been cold since November and the heat is only now beginning to vaguely trickle in and hint at a spring in a month or two. But there's still snow on the sidewalks.

I've been thinking about the next place I'll "live", and for a while I was considering Portland. But it gets pretty cold in the winter there, too.

So now I'm giving serious thought to San Luis Obispo. High of 74 degrees tomorrow. That's what I'm talking 'bout. (read the last sentence with an Ebonic accent)

In other news, today was lunar/Chinese/Korean new year, which seems to close more businesses than the Jesus new year you celebrate in the West. I'm on vacation and letting my face hair grow so I look more Jesus-esque. I would wear a white robe and get a tan like Ted Neeley but it's too effin cold.

P.S. > I was trying to find an image of the Jabberwocky from the awesome 1985 version of Alice in Wonderland (the one with Scott Baio and Ringo Starr - seriously) to supplement this blog entry ... but the internet failed me. Trust me, it was scary in a low-budget 1980s sort of way.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home