Friday, October 17, 2008

Back in the B.U.C.

Damn, it's good to be back. My apartment in Bucheon never felt more like home. I've spent the last four days attending lectures and playing ping pong and tennis. It's trippy to suddenly leave my totally Korean neighborhood and go to a compound with a few hundred English speakers from Canada, the US, the UK, South Africa, Australia, and New Zealand.

I actually didn't do any drinking and related better to a Mormon and a Christian guy than the teachers who went into town every night to get drunk. There's something about most foreigners here that kind of disgusts me. That's why I usually prefer to hang out with Koreans.

Also saw a great Nanta performance, which only uses traditional Korean percussion instruments. Pretty awesome actually.

That's it! I'm back. Made some new contacts in my 'hood (including a girl born in Ghana who lives in the next building).

Let's move on.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home