Monday, April 28, 2008

Other Places

I started 2 non-internet journals: 1 is sort of a regular journal to keep track of things and focus on goals and stuff I'm working on, and 1 to record my dreams.

With the regular journal I write about 100 times faster than I write this blog and get much better results. After blogging I feel empty and vapid; after journaling I feel focused and energized. Sometimes I don't know what the point of blogging is. I think I should just use this blog for art or something.

I read a novella I wrote about ten years ago called Naked Greed of the Flesh and thought to myself, "This is pretty good in some of the parts." Tomorrow I'll put up my tribute to J.R.R. Tokien, "The Softening".

Once I move I want to get a scanner. I wish I was better with photoshop and had a better handle on design. I've been reading a book at work called A Whole New Mind about right-brained thinking and the author identifies six "senses" that are often neglected by left-brain culture: design, story, symphony, empathy, play, and meaning.

I have a longer post in me but I think I'm going to sleep instead. Here's a video by a guy with a good message who still manages to come off as a twit. Your face should not be a sigh, my friend!


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home