Sunday, September 14, 2008

Politics

One great thing about living outside America is that I'm not subjected to the constant election blah blah blah. Most people in Korea probably don't know who Sarah Palin is.

Whatever integrity a presidential candidate initially has is quickly dissolved under the weight of campaigning. To make it to the White House requires a candidate to become silly putty to 50 states with radically different politics. At this point in time I think the U.S. would be better off divided into three or four different countries.

As for Korean politics... I just hope North Korea doesn't go apeshit when Kim Jong Yomom keels over. I'd like to think North Korea will be more open to the world in twenty years, kind of the equivalent of China today. But the next few years could be sloppy.


Kim Jong-il in happier days.

Thank you for polluting your mind with my uninformed opinions.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home